Welcome to #BlogCrush week 62!
The sun is finally here people! Eeeeeee!!!
I went for a walk today at lunch time, just to feel the warmth on my skin after spending the morning at a desk in an air conditioned office. I put on my headphones, took nothing but my phone, popped on a podcast and walked in a direction I never normally go. Ended up walking into a cul-de-sac and doing a slightly awkward about-turn, but it was such a nice day I didn’t even mind!
Do you ever feel like you are solar powered and winter drains your energy and enthusiasm? I do. I genuinely think I’m a nicer person when the sun is shining, and I’m definitely more optimistic. Does the sun have that much of an effect on you? Or perhaps you’re a winter kind of person? Let me know in the comments!
On to Blog Crush…!
If it’s you’re first time here… #BlogCrush is a unique linky party that encourages bloggers to big each other up and share some bloggy love. You link up one of your own posts, AND a post you admire written by someone else. A post you think is so good, everyone should read it!
Linking here provides exposure to your own blog, and could help you draw the attention of bloggers you admire as you link their posts and we share them far and wide. It can also drive traffic to your site to help improve those all important stats.
By linking up, you will get:
- Traffic to your blog
- Comments on your posts
- Your posts shared on Twitter
- Your posts shared on our Pinterest #BlogCrush Board
- If your post is chosen to be featured the following week, it will also be shared on the Pinterest Best of #BlogCrush Board
- The opportunity to support and be noticed by other bloggers
Great stuff, right?!
Head on over and follow us on Twitter:
And on Pinterest:
- Letters to my Daughter @aliceletterstomydaughter
- Lucy at Home @lucyathomeblog
- Naptime Natter @naptimenatter
If you’re new to linky parties, Lucy has written an excellent beginner’s linky guide.
Has your post been featured by someone else?
Congratulations! This pretty much means you’ve made it in life. You can sit back and relax now, in full knowledge that you succeeded in writing a post so amazing that someone took time out of their day to link it up to #BlogCrush!
We’ll read it, comment on it to let you know what we think, tweet it, AND pin it. Why not join us and add another one of your posts plus a post you admire written by someone else and pay it forward? 🙂
Please help yourself to the “I’ve been featured” badge below and add it to your post!
- Join in with 2 posts:
- 1 post from your own blog (personal) – no linkies please
- 1 post from someone else’s blog (your #BlogCrush)
- When adding your BlogCrush (post written by someone else) to the link up, please put “BC” at the beginning of the post title
- Tweet your BlogCrush to let them know you’ve added them to the linky, and include @lucy_at_home, @naptimenatter, and @L2MyDaughter (me!) and the hashtag #BlogCrush so we can retweet!
- Comment using the #BlogCrush hashtag on at least these 4 posts:
1 of Lucy’s posts (personal or blogcrush)
1 of Alice’s posts (personal or blogcrush)
2x personal posts from the rest of the link up
- Please add the #BlogCrush badge to the post you’re adding from your own blog. You can find the code riiiight HERE: (Just copy and paste the code into the HTML view of your post)
Each week the #BlogCrush hosts choose a post from the link up to feature the following week.
My featured #BlogCrush is:
- Nature vs Nurture: Are we fighting a losing battle? – by Mother (Almost Never) Knows Best
Lucy’s featured #BlogCrush is:
- The son rises in the west… – by Enda Stories
Please both of you grab your “I’ve been featured” badge from the top of the page!
I’m very excited to be collaborating with Curiscope on a campaign to tell people about these amazing Virtuali-Tees – augmented reality t-shirts. I love a bit of innovation, and was blown away by the idea of letting kids look inside and poke around their own bodies! Here’s my post about how we got on, and there’s a giveaway too if you know a child who’d love to try one!
Thank you for joining us for #BlogCrush this week. It’s so nice to be part of such a great and supportive blogging community! Have a great weekend and I’ll see you on the other side!
Love, Alice x
!!!!P.S. Don’t forget to add BC at the beginning of your #BlogCrush’s post title!
By joining the linky, you agree to receive a reminder tweet each week. Just message @L2MyDaughter or @Lucy_at_home at any time to be taken off this list. Thank you for joining #BlogCrush!