Welcome to #BlogCrush week 56!
It’s the last weekend of the #BlogCrush anniversary giveaway so if you haven’t entered yet, go go go!!
So if you follow my Instagram or Facebook accounts, you may know that right now I’m on holiday in Spain…BY MYSELF. Child free, husband free, commitment free (except Blog Crush but that’s pretty chilled this side of the weekend) . I’m here for 5 days and fly back Monday evening.
I had a bit of a blip a few weeks ago and was feeling very low. A friend tried to convince me to book a flight somewhere warmer and get away from everything for a bit, and one tipsy evening he ended up booking it for me. Not a bad drunk buy!
I’m hoping to head home refreshed, recharged, and raring to go. I’ve been a bit of a dull playmate for Dee lately because I’m constantly playing catch up with everything, including sleep, so I want to get my energy back for her sake as well as mine.
What’s the most extreme thing you’ve done to get some ‘me time’?
On to Blog Crush…!
If it’s you’re first time here… #BlogCrush is a unique linky party that encourages bloggers to big each other up and share some bloggy love. You link up one of your own posts, AND a post you admire written by someone else. A post you think is so good, everyone should read it!
Linking here provides exposure to your own blog, and could help you draw the attention of bloggers you admire as you link their posts and we share them far and wide. It can also drive traffic to your site to help improve those all important stats.
By linking up, you will get:
- Traffic to your blog
- Comments on your posts
- Your posts shared on Twitter
- Your posts shared on our Pinterest #BlogCrush Board
- If your post is chosen to be featured the following week, it will also be shared on the Pinterest Best of #BlogCrush Board
- The opportunity to support and be noticed by other bloggers
Great stuff, right?!
Head on over and follow us on Twitter:
And on Pinterest:
- Letters to my Daughter @aliceletterstomydaughter
- Lucy at Home @lucyathomeblog
- Naptime Natter @naptimenatter
If you’re new to linky parties, Lucy has written an excellent beginner’s linky guide.
Has your post been featured by someone else?
Excellent! That’s awesome! Your blog post has been read by a #BlogCrush-er and they’ve enjoyed it so much, they’ve linked it up as their #BlogCrush this week, giving it the extra attention and bloggy love it deserves!
We’ll read it, comment on it to let you know what we think, tweet it, AND pin it. Why not join us and add another one of your posts plus a post you admire written by someone else and pay it forward? 🙂
Please help yourself to the “I’ve been featured” badge below and add it to your post!
- Join in with 2 posts:
- 1 post from your own blog (personal) – no linkies please
- 1 post from someone else’s blog (your #BlogCrush)
- When adding your BlogCrush (post written by someone else) to the link up, please put “BC” at the beginning of the post title
- Tweet your BlogCrush to let them know you’ve added them to the linky, and include @lucy_at_home, @naptimenatter, and @L2MyDaughter (me!) and the hashtag #BlogCrush so we can retweet!
- Comment using the #BlogCrush hashtag on at least these 4 posts:
1 of Lucy’s posts (personal or blogcrush)
1 of Alice’s posts (personal or blogcrush)
2x personal posts from the rest of the link up
- Please add the #BlogCrush badge to the post you’re adding from your own blog. You can find the code riiiight HERE: (Just copy and paste the code into the HTML view of your post)
Each week the #BlogCrush hosts choose a post from the link up to feature the following week.
My featured #BlogCrush is:
- Mother’s Day gifts from our children– by Old House in the Shires
Lucy’s featured #BlogCrush is:
- A World of Children’s Books #WorldBookDay2018 – by Five In The Hive
Please both of you grab your “I’ve been featured” badge from the top of the page!
Yesterday was International Women’s Day! A day to celebrate women all over the world and an opportunity to shine a light on issues facing women in 2018. There were marches, there was a hell of a lot of love on Twitter and Instagram, and of course, there were blog posts. This week, I’m sharing my blog post written in honour of International Women’s Day.
Have you entered the Blog Crush anniversary giveaway yet?
Did we mention Blog Crush has been going for one whole year?!
In celebration, we’re super excited to open the Blog Crush 1 year anniversary giveaway PLUS an extra prize will go to the most featured BlogCrush-er!
Both competitions are open from NOW until Sunday 11th March. Full T&Cs at the end of this post.
Most featured BlogCrush-er
Each week, the Blog Crush hosts each choose one of the personal posts from the link up to be their featured Blog Crush the following week. We’re counting up all the posts that have been featured throughout the year and during the giveaway, and the blogger who’s been featured most often will win a prize!
The prize is The Newbie Giveaway Guide (RRP £20)
This is a 5 week e-course for bloggers by Blog Crush’s lovely founder, Lucy at Home, all about how to organise and host your own giveaways, as well as some information about working with brands.
I’ve just done this course and it’s helped me soooo much in creating my first two giveaways. It would have been stressful without it, but Lucy’s easy to follow guide made it a breeze!
The giveaway is open exclusively to bloggers who have linked up to #BlogCrush, past or present. if you haven’t linked up before, do so before the end of the giveaway to be eligible to enter. Go go go!!!
To ensure only genuine Blog Crushers enter, the first entry in the Rafflecopter giveaway is compulsory and asks you to give the URL of a BlogCrush week you have linked up with. Clever huh? 😀
Since we have such a mixed bag of bloggers in our #BlogCrush crew, we’ve got a mixed bag of prizes too so there’s something for everyone!
In our prize bag of swag, we have….
- 1 Tired Mums’ Club T-shirt (size of your choice) from Momma Makes (RRP £16)
- 1 Newbie Bloggers Giveaway Guide course from Lucy At Home (RRP £20)
- 1 Barking Mad book from Jack, Lilly and Friends (RRP £5.99)
- 1 Timber – Growing Up To Be a Seeing Eye Dog Book from Timbers Story (RRP £5.99)
- 1 Bundle of ACE cleaning products (RRP £15)
- 1 set of Baby Milestone Cards from ACE
You can get a closer look in my BlogCrush Anniversary Giveaway vlog here:
Thank you for joining us for #BlogCrush this week. It’s so nice to be part of such a great and supportive blogging community! Have a great weekend and I’ll see you on the other side!
Love, Alice x
Click on the button below to join the linky:
!!!!P.S. Don’t forget to add BC at the beginning of your #BlogCrush’s post title!
By joining the linky, you agree to receive a reminder tweet each week. Just message @L2MyDaughter or @Lucy_at_home at any time to be taken off this list. Thank you for joining #BlogCrush!
Enter the giveaway here:
a Rafflecopter giveaway