Welcome to #BlogCrush week 50!
How is it almost the end of January already? Only 11 more moths and it’ll be Christmas again – have you started your Christmas shopping yet?!
I’d love to be one of those people who has it all sorted a year in advance, but I fear that will always be a dream. I read a blog that was posted the other day by Jenny in Neverland. In it, she said she was so organised, she’d written the post in November ready for January. She was TWO MONTHS ahead in her blogging schedule. I’m lucky if I’m not still writing it the night before it’s due to be posted.
Saying that though – I’m actually writing these words two weeks in advance. Mostly because I’m procrastinating when I should be going to bed. But you know what, I’m going to own it. Well done me – just keep it up for the rest of the year….and don’t forget to start Christmas shopping next week!
On to Blog Crush…!
So what is #BlogCrush for those that don’t know? #BlogCrush is a unique linky party that encourages bloggers to big each other up and share some bloggy love. You link up one of your own posts, AND a post you admire written by someone else. A post you think is so good, everyone should read it!
Linking here provides exposure to your own blog, and could help you draw the attention of bloggers you admire as you link their posts and we share them far and wide. It can also drive traffic to your site to help improve those all important stats.
By linking up, you will get:
- Traffic to your blog
- Comments on your posts
- Your posts shared on Twitter
- Your posts shared on our Pinterest #BlogCrush Board
- If your post is chosen to be featured the following week, it will also be shared on the Pinterest Best of #BlogCrush Board
- The opportunity to support and be noticed by other bloggers
Great stuff, right?!
Head on over and follow us on Twitter:
And on Pinterest:
- Letters to my Daughter @aliceletterstomydaughter
- Lucy at Home @lucyathomeblog
- Naptime Natter @naptimenatter
If you’re new to linky parties, Lucy has written an excellent beginner’s linky guide.
Has your post been featured by someone else?
O.M.G. That’s, like, totally cool! Or if you’re not an American teenager – well done, congratulations!
If you’ve been featured by one of our #BlogCrush crew, that means they’ve taken valuable time out of their day to add your post to our link up because they think it rocks!
We’ll read it, comment on it to let you know what we think, tweet it, AND pin it. Why not join us and add another one of your posts plus a post you admire written by someone else and pay it forward? 🙂
Please help yourself to the “I’ve been featured” badge below and add it to your post!
- Join in with 2 posts:
- 1 post from your own blog (personal) – no linkies please
- 1 post from someone else’s blog (your #BlogCrush)
- When adding your BlogCrush (post written by someone else) to the link up, please put “BC” at the beginning of the post title
- Tweet your BlogCrush to let them know you’ve added them to the linky, and include @lucy_at_home, @naptimenatter, and @L2MyDaughter (me!) and the hashtag #BlogCrush so we can retweet!
- Comment using the #BlogCrush hashtag on at least these 4 posts:
1 of Lucy’s posts (personal or blogcrush)
1 of Alice’s posts (personal or blogcrush)
2x personal posts from the rest of the link up
- Please add the #BlogCrush badge to the post you’re adding from your own blog. You can find the code riiiight HERE: (Just copy and paste the code into the HTML view of your post)
Each week the #BlogCrush hosts choose a post from the link up to feature the following week.
My featured #BlogCrush is:
- Advice to my younger self wrapped up in an 80s bow– by Mother Almost Never Knows Best
Lucy’s featured #BlogCrush is:
- ‘Saul’ and the ‘White Goose Cafe’ – a tale of a big bully – by Liberty on the Lighter Side
Please both of you grab your “I’ve been featured” badge from the top of the page!
This has been one of those ongoing on/off battles with Dee. Baths are her Marmite but she hasn’t decided which side she’s on. We’ve therefore been through a lot of trial and error and I thought other parents might appreciate hearing what’s worked or is working for us if they’re having a similar struggle.
Thank you for joining us for #BlogCrush this week. It’s so nice to be part of such a great and supportive blogging community! Have a great weekend and I’ll see you on the other side!
Love, Alice x
Click on the button below to join the linky:
!!!!P.S. Don’t forget to add BC at the beginning of your #BlogCrush’s post title!
P.P.S. Also, please don’t forget to add the badge to your post – it helps other bloggers find our linky ☺️
By joining the linky, you agree to receive a reminder tweet each week. Just message @L2MyDaughter or @Lucy_at_home at any time to be taken off this list. Thank you for joining #BlogCrush!