Welcome to #BlogCrush week 43!
Does anyone else feel like they’ve misplaced a couple of weeks somewhere?! It feels like Christmas is hurtling towards us at a rate of knots, and the to do list is still disconcertingly long.
I’ve decided that I’ll just keep plodding through it in a vague order of importance and whatever doesn’t get done, doesn’t get done. C’est la vie. I’d prefer the sleep thanks (she says writing this at half past midnight).
But we all know that #BlogCrush is top of the priority list, right?!!
So what is #BlogCrush for those that don’t know? #BlogCrush is a unique linky party that encourages bloggers to big each other up and share some bloggy love. You link up one of your own posts, AND a post you admire written by someone else. A post you think is so good, everyone should read it!
Linking here provides exposure to your own blog, and could help you draw the attention of bloggers you admire as you link their posts and we share them far and wide. It can also drive traffic to your site to help improve those all important stats.
If you’re new to linky parties, Lucy has written an excellent beginner’s linky guide.
Has your post been featured by someone else?
High five! That’s so totally awesome!
Being featured as someone’s #BlogCrush means that you’ve written a post they just couldn’t keep to themselves. It was so good they felt compelled to spread the word, and took the time to add it to the #BlogCrush linkup where it can get the attention it deserves. Well done you!
Please help yourself to the “I’ve been featured” badge below and add it to your post!
- Join in with 2 posts:
- 1 post from your own blog (personal) – no linkies please
- 1 post from someone else’s blog (your #BlogCrush)
- When adding your BlogCrush (post written by someone else) to the link up, please put “BC” at the beginning of the post title
- Tweet your BlogCrush to let them know you’ve added them to the linky, and include @lucy_at_home, @L2MyDaughter (me!) and the hashtag #BlogCrush so we can retweet!
- Comment using the #BlogCrush hashtag on at least these 4 posts:
1 of Lucy’s posts (personal or blogcrush)
1 of Alice/Wendy’s posts (personal or blogcrush)
2x personal posts from the rest of the link up
- Please add the #BlogCrush badge to the post you’re adding from your own blog. You can find the code riiiight HERE: (Just copy and paste the code into the HTML view of your post)
Each week the #BlogCrush hosts choose a post from the link up to feature the following week.
Wendy’s featured #BlogCrush is:
- To the mum enduring and abusive relationship at Christmas time – by Daydreamer Mum
Lucy’s featured #BlogCrush is:
- Christmas Traditions: Where Do You Sit – by From Tum to Mum
Please both of you grab your “I’ve been featured” badge from the top of the page!
It’s Christmas time, and I’ve been thinking about how we encourage our children to believe in things like Santa and Elves. Then I thought about what I believe in and realised it’s not magic any more, it’s real things that matter to real people. I hope D finds something to believe in when she grows up and the magic of childhood fades.
Thank you for joining us for #BlogCrush this week. It’s so nice to be part of such a great and supportive blogging community! Have a great weekend and I’ll see you on the other side!
Love, Alice x
Click on the button below to join the linky:
P.S. Don’t forget to add BC at the beginning of your BlogCrush’s post title!
By joining the linky, you agree to receive a reminder tweet each week. Just message @L2MyDaughter or @Lucy_at_home at any time to be taken off this list. Thank you for joining #BlogCrush!