Welcome to #BlogCrush week 41!
There’s nothing like a bit of last minute pressure to get you motivated, but sometimes I wish I was a bit more proactive and organised. I’ve had so many great ideas for Christmas posts and campaigns the last couple of weeks but all need a lot of planning. I think, even will all the optimism in the world, unless I gave up my job and family for the next couple of weeks, it ain’t gonna happen.
A sensible person would say, start working on them now so they’re ready to go for next year. I’ll let you know in 365 days how that goes!
One thing you definitely don’t want to leave to the last minute however, is linking up to #BlogCrush!!
So what is #BlogCrush for those that don’t know? #BlogCrush is a unique linky party that promotes bloggers supporting bloggers. You link up one of your own posts, but the best bit is you get to link up one other post written by someone else. One you love and want everyone else to read because it’s just so darn good!
Linking here provides exposure to your own blog, and could help you draw the attention of bloggers you admire as you link their posts and we share them far and wide. It can also drive traffic to your site to help improve those all important stats.
If you’re new to linky parties, Lucy has written an excellent beginner’s linky guide.
Has your post been featured by someone else?
Crack open the champagne! Call your mum! Tell Facebook! This is big news!
Being featured as someone’s #BlogCrush means that you’ve written a post they just couldn’t keep to themselves. It was so good they felt compelled to spread the word, and took the time to add it to the #BlogCrush linkup where it can get the attention it deserves. Well done you!
Please help yourself to the “I’ve been featured” badge below and add it to your post!
- Join in with 2 posts:
- 1 post from your own blog (personal) – no linkies please
- 1 post from someone else’s blog (your #BlogCrush)
- When adding your BlogCrush (post written by someone else) to the link up, please put “BC” at the beginning of the post title
- Tweet your BlogCrush to let them know you’ve added them to the linky, and include @lucy_at_home, @L2MyDaughter (me!) and the hashtag #BlogCrush so we can retweet!
- Comment using the #BlogCrush hashtag on at least these 4 posts:
1 of Lucy’s posts (personal or blogcrush)
1 of Alice/Wendy’s posts (personal or blogcrush)
2x personal posts from the rest of the link up
- Please add the #BlogCrush badge to the post you’re adding from your own blog. You can find the code riiiight HERE: (Just copy and paste the code into the HTML view of your post)
Each week the #BlogCrush hosts choose a post from the link up to feature the following week.
My featured #BlogCrush is:
- Getting old doesn’t totally suck!!! – by Daydreamer Mum
Lucy’s featured #BlogCrush is:
- Born too soon: The Uncertainties and Ultimately Surviving the NICU Journey – by Miller in the City
Please both of you grab your “I’ve been featured” badge from the top of the page!
I’ve just started a series on amazing everyday women. the sort of women you meet on a daily basis who are inspirational in their own way without the bells and whistles. This is the first post in the series featuring my good friend Regina ‘Aunty Stormy’ Tumblepot – the unicorn princess tunnel engineer!
Thank you for joining us for #BlogCrush this week. It’s so nice to be part of such a great and supportive blogging community! Have a great weekend and I’ll see you on the other side!
Love, Alice x
Click on the button below to join the linky:
P.S. Don’t forget to add BC at the beginning of your BlogCrush’s post title!
By joining the linky, you agree to receive a reminder tweet each week. Just message @L2MyDaughter or @Lucy_at_home at any time to be taken off this list. Thank you for joining #BlogCrush!